- A special program to create on the PC virtual machines. Each virtual machine can contain an arbitrary set of virtual devices and a separate operating system.Scope of virtual machines is very wide - from performing the functions of software testing to create entire networks that can be easily scaled, load-balance and protect. VirtualBox is free, open source.
There are versions of VirtualBox, intended for installation on virtually all operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris.As a "guest" operating system can also be used any operating system, including Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, W7), DOS / Windows 3.x, Linux, and OpenBSD.Among the main features of the program are the following:
* VirtualBox can run as a GUI-interface or via command line.
* To expand the functions of the program, a special set of SDK.
* Parameters of virtual machines are described in XML format and does not depend on the physical computer on which the system operates. So VMs format VirtalBox easily transferred from one PC to another.
* When using the "guest" computer operating systems, Windows or Linux, you can use special tools which substantially facilitate switching between the physical and virtual computers.
* For a quick exchange of files between the guest and the physical PC, you can create so-called "shared folders" (Shared folders), which are simultaneously accessible from both of these machines.
* VirtualBox allows you to connect USB-devices to virtual machines, allowing virtual machines to work with them directly.
* VirtualBox fully supports the remote access RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The virtual machine can operate as a RDP-server, allowing you to manage it remotely.Changes in version 4.3.22
This is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and / or added:
VMM: refined measurement of TSC frequency on the host, improves timekeeping for guests
VMM: decreased CPU load resulting from guest MMIO writes to the virtual APIC
VMM: fixed interception of debug exceptions, observed while using the dbx debugger on Solaris guests (VT-x only)
GUI: 3D overlay window positioning code improved, fixed potential misplacement of 3D accelerated guest graphics content
GUI: fixed accident SSL authentication failures during update check on Windows hosts (bug # 12969)
GUI: never send the "ACPI power" keyboard scancode to the guest, we have the ACPI power button for that
GUI: was unable to properly restore seamless mode VM from snapshot / saved-state under some circumstances
VBoxHeadless: do not crash if 3D is enabled in the VM settings (bug # 10250)
ATA: fixed several passthrough issues (bugs # 12310, # 1360)
Audio: fixed DirectSound failure when the the host has no audio input device (Windows hosts only; bug # 9205)
SB16: fixed compatibility issue (bug # 13769)
Storage: fixed broken CD / DVD passthrough when using the IDE controller (bug # 12310)
NAT: new ping proxy for Windows hosts (bug # 11871)
NAT: Properly report outbound connect (2) failures to guest with TCP RST or ICMP (bug # 10525)
NAT Network: no need for frequent wakeups in VBoxNetDHCP and VBoxNetNAT (bug # 11681)
Host-only adapter: prevent Windows from creating an "Unidentified network" (bug # 9688)
Bridged Networking: do not leak host-to-guest traffic to the wireless network when bridging to a wireless interface (bug # 13714)
Main: fixed a possible race when changing the medium leading to a deadlock under rare conditions (bug # 13722)
VBoxManage: fixed return code if starting a VM failed (bug # 13773)
API: fixed 2 deadlock opportunities related to medium handling (bugs # 13789, # 13801, thank you Alexander Urakov)
API: fixed bug in XPCOM which created too few worker threads, sporadically resulting in a deadlock (bug # 13802, thank you Alexander Urakov)
SDK: fixed a garbage collection leak in the Python VirtualBox webservice API binding (bug # 13817)
Linux hosts: fixes for activated SMAP (Broadwell and later, bug # 13820)
X11 guests: prevent unwanted hiding of guest screens on multi-monitor guests (bug # 13287)
X11 guests: added support for X.Org Server 1.17
X11 Additions: fixed a memory leak in VBoxService if libdbus is available but dbus-daemon is not running (bug # 13770)
Windows Additions: prevent VBox WDDM driver from loading if host reports weak OpenGL capabilities. 3D content now can be shown over Remote Desktop connection.
Winodws Additions: some fixes for recent Windows 10 Previews
Linux Additions: fixed a compatibility issue with 64-bit Linux 2.4 kernels
Linux Additions: fixed a potential use-after-free when unloading the VBoxGuest module
Linux Additions: Linux 3.19 fixes (bug # 13741)Operating system:
Windows® XP / Vista / Seven / 8Interface language
: Multilanguage (Multilingual)Released:
: Not requiredSize
: 120,60 Mb Download VirtualBox 4.3.22 Build 98236 Final + Extension Pack